Game Change & Cancellation/Postponement Policy
JBL GAME CHANGE POLICY
GAME CANCELLATIONS – POSTPONEMENTS
(Click Here to view the PDF version)
- Once the JBL releases the league schedule Towns/Organizations have 7 days to contact the JBL via email with the Change of Game Date, Location, and Time @ (JBL-Hoops@comcast.net)
- The only accepted changes would be a missed conflict date or new school/gym closing.
- The JBL will move the game on the Schedule to a date of 4/1
- The Cancelling Team must contact The Opposing Team, to try to resolve any 4/1 games and find a new Game Date.
- The JBL must be notified by website email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule.
- The JBL is not moving games to accommodate another league or sport. Only School Activities
- All teams need to have alternate coaches to fill in for the head coach, in case of a personal conflict.
- No game will be cancelled without league approval. Teams do not call their opponent to cancel.
- For any Cancellation, the Canceling Team must contact their Town/Organization Director, who will in-turn, contact via phone & email the JBL League Director
- Games cancelled will be moved to a date of 4/1.
- Once approved, the Cancelling Team must contact the Opposing Team to try to resolve any 4/1 games and find a new Game Date within 2 weeks of the approved cancellation.
- The JBL must be notified by email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule.
- If the home team cannot secure gym time, the game will be played at the opposite site.
- Forfeit system to ensure games are played or not cancelled/changed at last minute.
- All teams get game reminders with notifications that officials are assigned
SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATION POLICY (7 days or less)
- Unless approved by the JBL League Director, the cancelling team will receive a forfeit.
- Any unapproved cancellation (48 hours or Less) or No Show, the Cancelling Team must pay the JBL $120 to reimburse 2 Referees (penalty fees) and will receive a forfeit
- Any team with 2 forfeits or unpaid penalty fees, will be ineligible for the playoff tournament
ALL TEAMS SHOULD CONTACT THE JBL DIRECTOR WITH ANY GYM ISSUES IMMEDIATELY
- JBL Games will only be postponed due to weather related reasons or school closings.
- For any Weather related or game day school closing both the vising team and JBL Director must be called, not just emailed to be advised of the closing
- Postponed games for inclement weather are to be rescheduled within 2 weeks after the postponement.
- A 4/2 date and PPD will be entered for a game cancelled to school closing due to weather.
- Postponed games need to be rescheduled within 2 weeks of the postponement date.
- The JBL League Director must be notified by email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule. If the home team cannot secure gym time, the game will be played at the opposite site.
- Failure to reschedule can result in a forfeit for 1 or both teams.
THE JBL RETAINS THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE A FAIR SOLUTION TO ALL GAME CHANGE REQUESTS.